So, as further evidence of wanting to but not really succeeding at blogging... I received a notice that I needed to update my background by the end of January. After "refreshing" myself on that, I realized I had set up some fancy website to get my own handwriting on said blog, and I had NO idea how to change the font color. So then I had to search for a background that worked. After about a half hour- Ta Da! A new background, but the more glaring problem would be a lack of any recent news.
I came to realize that first of all, I definitely need to take more pictures. Makes it much easier to tell the story of life. Here are a few of the exciting events of the past few months:
1. Jer got a job working with a health care consulting firm. Best part of all they have an office in Mt. Green, so his commute is literally less than 5 minutes. On the other hand, I split my time between Ogden and Salt Lake. The irony of this it I have had no traffic problems on some serious nasty roads, whereas Jer slid through the stop sign at the bottom of the hill (no damage, just funny).
2. I spent Thanksgiving Day in the hospital getting by gallbladder out. How is that for timing? Really hadn't had any problems with it, until I started having some pain the Monday before Thanksgiving. I self diagnosed/treated for three days before giving in and going to the doctor. An ultrasound revealed a very "sick" gallbladder, and because of a busy OR I spent the night in the hospital and had the little sucker out Thanksgiving morning. The surgery truly wasn't too bad, but it was interesting to be a patient. I can't say I had some huge epiphany about my role as a nurse, just learned how vulnerable you feel as a patient. After I was discharged I sent Jer to Tremonton to see the Nielsen fam and I went back to my parent's for a few hours. My mom of course cooked a delicious looking meal and my sis-in-law Amy made homemade pumpkin pie, and I couldn't resist trying just a bit. And a few hours later when it was all coming back up, my mom sat and held my hair for me. It just makes me smile to think no matter how old I am, she is still my mom and no one takes better care of you than your own mother.
3. We bought a snow blower! Big deal, right? I am a huge proponent of a good old shovel and hard work, but when it dumps 12-18 inches at a time it gets a little ridiculous. We had meant to get one at the end of season last year, but forgot. We have a great neighbor that would blow our driveway most of the time, but we knew if we were going to live up here it was time to bite the bullet and get one of our own.
Here's to hoping 2011 will be "bloggier" than last year with a few more pictures.
6 years ago

Yeah! You blogged again! Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteHi Nicole! I ran across your blog on Cari Stokes list. Love your blog and your picture of you and your hubby! Weird that we work at the same place and never see each other so if it's ok, I'll add your blog to my list to I can keep up on your happenings. I miss working with you more and talking about the strange things we have in common, like our love of numbers!
ReplyDeleteThen you can be like me. I have a BAZILLION pix so my posts are loaded with pix. The stupid thing is, though, they are always of the same thing. Garet playing b-ball or Karlee dancing. Boring for visitors/friends/family, I know. But still it's my life and I LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete