Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to select the best stones,(based on size, color, pattern and shape) from this pile then arrange them in to functional and aesthetically pleasing landscape accents. Yeah, good luck with that. Landscaping season is well underway and Nicole and I have begun laying out our plans and starting with some of the small projects. We both wanted to use rocks in our landscaping and these beds are a good start. It took us a couple of trips to the ranch to find the right stones then some serious feng-shui/tetris skills to arrange them into these beds. We were both pleased with the outcome and have begun adding the flowers.
The next step is getting our sprinklers in then prepping the soil for sod or hydroseed. We have turned to the professionals for those aspects. I have done sprinklers enough to know I don't want to do our sprinklers. As for sod, I think it has been long enough that I can't remember if it is miserable or not so we may lay our own sod. We have gotten quite a few bids but they all seem rather high, including one that came back at over $12,000. I am pretty sure he looked at the neighbors' houses and figured that if we live in this neighborhood we must be loaded as well. Boy was he disappointed.
J.

No comments:
Post a Comment