Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Landscaping 101

Once again long time no blog. I would like to blame it on a naughty laptop, so I will go with that. Jer pretty much wiped it and started over, and I still can't post any pics yet. I know that is a lame excuse that is entirely overused, but I hope to add some photos by the end of the week.

We have started mucking around in the yard. Heavy emphasis on mucking. It would be great if it would quit raining every weekend. We have been working on getting bids for sprinklers and final grade, but are planning on doing every thing else ourselves. We have done a little work on some flower beds and dipped into my inheritance and started "stealing" rocks from my dad's ranch. I have made one valuable discovery about landscaping, but not sure I can implement it in my life without some major repercussions. On Saturday we were out hunting and moving fairly heavy rocks for some terraced beds in the front yard. It was quite chilly and raining on and off. We were just steaming ahead,working hard before we ran out of daylight. The neighbors down the street were playing music, laughing, and having a grand old time. Pretty sure the difference in our experiences was alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment