When you have the opportunity to build a home you also have the opportunity to accept complete responsibility if the materials you choose to finish the home totally suck. Nicole and I must have set some kind of passing record today as we tried to select the interior materials. We went to Masons Interiors in Salt Lake and they showed us our options then the passing game began and went something like this....
"I like these 7 options best of the nine possible but it is up to you"
"Yeah, I think these five are best but I trust your judgment."
"Oh, well I like these three but you have always had more definite ideas about what you want in this room so you decide."
"OK, so is this one acceptable?" (translated as I know you are trying to lay this all on me but I am at least going to squeeze an agreement out of you b/c I am not taking the fall all by myself).
In the end the decisions I am most pleased with are the cabinets and countertops. Actually, I think we did really well on everything and I think it will come together very well but I love the stuff we picked for the kitchen. Just to explain the photo a little. The light colored square in the upper left is our kitchen counter and the dark square sitting on it is the counter for the bathrooms. The tile in lower left is the tile for the mud and laundry room as well as the master bath. The kitchen cabinets and wood floor sit dead center, and yes I know the cabinets are dark. Yes, I have seen dark kitchens before but I love them so save the I told you so for later. Then the carpet for the rest of the home sits there on the right. Like I said, hopefully it all comes together because if not we have no one to blame but ourselves. (translated, me)

No comments:
Post a Comment