
I got a big surprise yesterday when I learned that our builder did not intend to insulate the interior walls of the house. Not Cool!. All the exterior walls were insulated and sealed but apparently you don't need to insulate interior walls to keep the place warm. But warmth is only half the story, you also need noise-reduction. The hall bath shares a wall with the entry and the great room so just imagine going about your business in there while everbody else in the house can hear it. Yeah, I didn't like that thought either so I have spent the whole day insulating the interior walls that I think need it most. That included the hall bath, the wall between the great room and the master suite as well as the walls of the master bath and the walls of the laundry room. So now I have completed my first home improvement project. Drywall starts tomorrow but it will be a while before I can tell if it paid off. And if you have ever worked with fiberglass insulation then you can imagine the itch. The worst of it is the space between my fingers, it is driving me crazy even though I have washed a dozen times. The point is, the house better be quiet or it will be filled with the reverberations of my screams for years to come.
J
J

No comments:
Post a Comment