Monday, July 13, 2009

My Favorite Litte Extortionist

As many of you know, I have a niece Emmalee that I get quite the kick out of. She and Sam were staying with us for a few days after a new baby at their house. We always have a great time with the girls and they just mesh into our lives when they are with us. I had worked a Saturday night shift, stayed up all day Sunday, and had to work Monday morning. Emma loves to sleep in my bed with me, but is not a great bed fellow. I said to her "Here's the deal. Tonight you can sleep on the air mattress, the couch, or an extra bed. Then the next two nights you can sleep by me." She gets quite a grouchy look on her face and then points her finger into Jer's chest and says to us- "No, here's the deal. No hugs. No kisses. No I love you's unless I sleep in this bed tonight!"

I have never laughed so hard. And needless to say, she slept next to me. Not because she is an extortionist, but because I am a softie. She's not my kid anyway, so I don't have to deal with the consequences. That is why being an aunt is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment