
So we finally broke down and bought a new TV. We have had our current TV since July of '01 and it has had some quirks ever since we bought it. For example, it will just turn off in the middle of a game of Guitar Hero thus screwing up my run for perfect score. Drives me INSANE. Plus it is an ugly thing so it would not look good in the new house. The justfication for the purchase was that we needed it for the decor. But a TV is obviously about more than just looking good. Wading through all the technical aspects took quite a while but I finally decided to go with a Samsung and watched ads and prices for about 6 months. Then the TV of my dreams went on sale and I grabbed it. She's a 50 in. 1080p plasma, sweet. The day after I found out that it actually ranked third on Consumer reports best buys so now I feel validated.

No comments:
Post a Comment